Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What's going on...

Sorry for the lapse in posting...time got away from me! As I mentioned before, Chris & I went to visit Dad on Friday, May 22nd. Dad was feeling pretty good so we went out for Mexican food at the El Asadero restaurant in Cleburne. Yum!

Since then, I've talked to Mom and Dad every few days or so to see how he's doing. I went for a visit on Sunday afternoon and took him a jar of La Madeline's Tomato Basil soup that he had been craving. His weekly reports with the nutritionist are fine - she just wants him to eat more and more often. They reduced his overnight feeding from 4 cans to 3 on Friday and his weight has dipped to 187 lbs over the last week. So, yeah he's a bit skinny but overall recovering well. When I asked him what his energy level was like he said it was a 6 on a scale of 1-10. From what I've read, that's about right given that he had his surgery 5 weeks ago yesterday. Total recovery for his kind of surgery is 2-3 months until you're supposed to feel "normal." So I would imagine that he'll be moving & grooving closer to the end of July. Now that doesn't mean that he's not already thinking about how he can work out this year's 4th of July fireworks show with Chris & Jonathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment