Sorry for the gap in the posting but between Facebook and texting, I couldn't keep up! Anyway, Dad was in surgery until about 10:30AM, we met with his surgeon about 10:45AM, and we got to see him in his room about noon. The surgeon said it went well just a little longer than usual due to the scar tissue from his surgery last April-they used the same incision area-and the size of the hernia. They also let us know that things looked good with no signs of any cancer - what a bonus!
Once we were in his room, we knew he was doing ok because he sent me to the car to get his 2 rolling cases with his cell phones, laptop, etc. We stayed with him in the room for an hour or so and then Chris, Mom and I went to get lunch finally. After lunch I said a quick hello before heading off to work for a couple of hours. Chris stayed with Mom and Jonathan got there a little bit after I left. Dad is in good spirits and seems to be handling his pain ok...around a 6 on a scale of 1-10 vs. off the charts when he had his cancer surgery. They will keep him overnight at least and see how he's doing to determine if he goes home Friday or more likely, on Saturday.
Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers! We are a very blessed family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment