Dad just called to tell me that the appointments for lab work and with the surgeon and nutritionist all went well and that he was released to come home. They are heading back to Sugar Land right now from MD Anderson to pack and will be driving back to Cleburne tomorrrow!
He will head back to Houston for follow ups in August but won't have any additional treatment in the meantime. For now, he will keep a food and drink diary for weekly submission to the nutritionist and the surgeon's physician assistant. He will still have the feeding tube for awhile but they are adjusting it to only be connected at night so he can be "untethered" during the day. No travel for awhile still, esp. because of the feeding tube, but he says his energy level is improving. Mom said the surgeon called Dad a "stellar patient" in part to how he looked, how he responded to the chemo/radiation prior to surgery, and recovery thus far.
As you can imagine, I am very excited, relieved, happy and a whole host of other emotions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jennifer...I can only imagine the emotions you are feeling. I pray daily all you guys...and for peace for you all. I'm so glad to hear your dad's coming home...I know they're anxious and so relieved. Miss and love you guys! Becky II
ReplyDelete