Saturday, May 2, 2009

Friday & Saturday

Sorry for the break in reporting - it's been a busy couple of days! I left Houston just after lunch Friday afternoon. It was hard to leave Mom and Dad but I know they are in good hands. On Friday afternoon they decreased Dad's IV fluids and increased his feeding tube. He also received some additional sodium phosphate, a shot of Heparin to thin his blood, and then he was able to rest quite a bit so he didn't need as much pain medicine. His blood pressure was up slightly but it moderates right after he has his dose of medicine. Overfall he said he was feeling pretty puny when I talked to him Friday evening.

When I spoke to Mom this afternoon he was still a bit iffy thanks to nausea. His incision is still a little leaky but they are monitoring it and will determine if they need to reopen it, pack it and then re-close it. Overall the doctors are pleased with his progress and hope to remove the catheter and epidural to move to oral pain meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment