Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Update #2

Mom and I left the hospital for the day about 5:15 pm and by then Dad had already done 4 out of the 5 walks that the staff planned for him today. That's 2 days in a row so that's good to keep his muscles looser and prevent blood clots. They also removed the oxygen tube to see if he could get enough oxygen on his own. He seemed to do well with this. They also reduced the dosage on his pain killer which seemed to make him too sleepy.

So we'll see how he does tomorrow AM. I head back to Fort Worth Friday afternoon since I have a scholarship awards banquet to set up for on Saturday morning. Depending on how Mom and Dad do will determine if I make another trip to Houston during his recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment