Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday

Dad, aka Grumpola, was out and about in his area of the surgical floor today. He did a couple laps around the nurses/doctors station 4 times today. We know he's feeling better when he's grouchy and thinks we are nagging him. Anyway, he ate a couple more Blue Bell sugar-free popsicles since he's not getting food orally or by his feeding tube yet. Maybe tomorrow on the feeding tube but we'll see. His blood pressure is doing well thanks to the medicine he's getting in his IV every 6 hours or so. They had to re-suture one of his drains this afternoon and Mom was able to observe. (I was down the hall doing some work.) They did this so that it would stop leaking.

The main thing now is to get him to do the breathing exercises every hour he's awake like they want him to so he can reduce the congestion in his lungs and reduce his risk of pneumonia. I think I might have gotten his attention when I told him that if he gets pneumonia, he'll have to be in the hospital even longer! Taking turns with Mom sitting in his room was a good plan plus we phoned-a-friend to get some extra patience. So if you talk to Dad any time soon (he was on the Crackberry today) please back us up on the breathing exercises! Thanks again...

No comments:

Post a Comment