After our break from the hospital this afternoon, Mom and I went to see Dad again from 6-7pm. He was awake and watching some TV. He'd already had 2 popsicles and requested/ate a 3rd while we were there. Dr. Pisters had been by to seen Dad while we were away (of course!) and said Dad was doing well. Dad didn't realize he'd skipped the ICU completely but seemed pleased with himself. His blood pressure was starting to creep back up so the doctor cleared him to resume his blood pressure medicine but through his IV vs. the normal pills. He is already "requesting" his Blackberry and laptop so we'll see how that goes tomorrow. I think he feels like he can settle in a bit now that he's in "his" room. Mom and I plan to take turns tomorrow trying to get him to walk the hall and do his breathing treatments/exercises intended to prevent pneumonia, which he's had a couple times a long time ago. I forgot to mention that he didn't even need a blood transfusion during his surgery yesterday.
I think that's all for now...back to watching Game 5 of the Mavs/Spurs b-ball game. GO MAVS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment